April 21, 2005

More excitement

Wow, internet milestone: I got 419ed while I was disconnected:

Message received on 4/18/2005 11:39:00 PM
Dear Friend,

After going through your profile iit pleases me to contact you and to inform you of my desire to go into business with you.

My name is Madam Nenita Villaran, A complete citizen of Philippines, widow to the late former minister of finance in Philippine who was a victim of the terrorist attack against the against the country by the Abu sayyaf movement in the southern luxury beach region on the 11th April 2002 that rendered many people of different nationals dead.

I inherited a total sum of 12 million dollars from my late husband, This money which is concealed in a metallic trunk box is deposited with a security and finance company in Cote d' ivoire under a secret arrangement as a family treasure.

This means that the security company does not know the content of this box that was shipped from the Philippine to Cote d' ivoire under a diplomatic coverage.
My main purpose of sending your this mail is because of the way I found you and perhaps trustworthy to give this priority of shipping this box of money to any address that you think is very secure and safe in your country with your percentage of which we shall chat on soon.

There is need for urgent action because the consignment is accruing charges per day as demurrage to the security company for safe keeping couple with the resent attempt of coup plot last july that has distracted attention of the government and the security delegates on me.

This is the contact of the company in Cote d' ivoire for you to call them and give them your address for the immediate shipment of the box today."
I will send you the Authorization Certificate to call them in my next mail which is the Certificate of deposit that they gave me on the very day when the box of money was deposited under
their company.

I give thanks immensely for the co-operation as I look forward to your urgent response on this private mailbox [REMOVED]@yahoo.com.

Best Regard

Madam [Nxxxxx Mxxxxx]
Oddly this came through one of my online-community accounts, not my hotmail address. Why exactly a 20 year old Australian "Looking for cool people to talk to and learn about Japan." Seemed an ideal candidate to scam (I have, like, no spare money at all - and if I did, I wouldn't soon after that).

12 million would be nice, or even a 1% cut of 12 million; but, yes, this is blatantly advance fee fraud *frowns*... if anyone wants to inform me of proper authorities within Australia/South Pacific to give the e-mail address to, please do so.

BTW - there will be lots of updates tonight, including a ferns/wallaby photo update, and a possums-in-my-roof photo update. So if you see unmarked photos appearing, I'm just part-way through updating.

PS - Bloggable Events
"Girls kissing is always awesome" - so true, so true

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home