My sister's birthday is coming up
I'm stuck for a present I can get her that will be useful and appreciated while she works/lives/travels in Canada a while longer.
But I don't think a jar of pickled squirrel heads is a good idea. But, I also have a cousin who is getting married this weekend...
Not exactly for the faint hearted, Custom Creature Taxidermy has some great stuff (there is G-rated section too). It's a bit different from my last experience with award-winning taxidermy at the Stones and Bones museum my uncle works at.
Taxidermy is a cool and creepy (in a good way) artform. Let's hope hippies don't kill it off.
Some of my picks from the galleries:
- ever-practical conversation starter - The Squirrel Lamp
- bickering Squirrel Siamese Twins
- Two Headed Franken-Squirrel
- It's my Sign: A Capricorn
- A cool collection of Griffins
- A mummified Chupacabra (the goat sucker)
- like you haven't wondered what a boxing match between two skinned headless cat carcasses looked like?
- when goth cam-whores go one step to far
- it looks happy...?
- Mystery goodness: is it lucky, or not?
- stuck for a stocking filler? Look no further than Mummified Squirrel Heads by the dozen