February 21, 2007

Getting the complete picture

via Sisters of Blood



You know, watching this long process makes me realise why I always pretty crap at art that wasn't cartoony or pattern based (not that I was much better at them): I'd always try to make the finished product right away. I hated erasing, and I don't think I ever cottoned on that erasing, blurring and overpenning were actually art techniques. My early teachers were pretty non-teaching in there teaching style (here's pens, paints and paper, go for it) - and when it got to high school they thought I should know about this crap already.

This video was pretty cool and educational as to how art can be made.

Anyone who liked it might also like to check out this tool, but I find it's interface a bit lacking (at least demo mode).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home