February 15, 2005

Having your Coat of Arms and Eating it too

I ate kangaroo tonight. More on that story later...

I missed a bus today. It was one of those annoying occasions when you walk out of the house, look across the road and see it drive past. You then decide maybe if you run really really fast you might catch it. You don't. You also realised if you hadn't dicked about so much with tasks like checking the mail, you might've got there in time. I was pretty late for it anyway.

So two hours later I catch the next bus along.

Had dinner tonight with a friend from way back in primary school (and both our mothers), which was cool. She's a student in QUT doing International Business. She's learning Mandarin, which is cool, because its harder than Japanese.

We went to dinner at Motel 98, were my sister works. For an appetiser we had smoked kangaroo. Which is helluva lot nicer than what I remeber traditionally baked/roasted on the coals kangaroo tasting like. It was good, like a good thing - I don't know exactly how to describe it. Next on my list of bush-tucker to try is goanna. I've never actually seen goanna meat on sale/offer before.

Had steak for main. And then flambe strawberries and pineapple on icecream for dessert. Apparently its beyond OCH&S to flambe in the actual restaraunt or bar anymore. Which takes a lot of the fun out of it. It also means you can't legally ask for a Flaming Lambourghini at a bar these days. How sucky is that.

PS - WITH HER BARE HANDS

1 Comments:

At Wed Feb 16, 01:56:00 pm AEST, Blogger ZayZayEM said...

I'm not entirely sure.

I know certain Aboriginal communities still hunt them.

But I think its regulated under protest.

AFAIK it used to be a staple food. I'm guessing it would be close to crocodile. But I can't really remember what that tastes like (there is a farm around here)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home