February 02, 2005

R.I.P. Journalistic Integrity

Man, just watched Outfoxed. (and I'm not the only one)

Seriously, if you live in the US, leave now... I don't think Hitler and Stalin give the people this much warning, you'd be stupid not to pay attention. (or maybe its already too late...)

I'm seriously heartbroken by the state of reporting in the US, I didn't quite realise how bad it was until I actually watched several hours of Fox-News. I was stuck in a hotel room, no money, and feeling suitably depressed about it - unsurprisingly watching Fox didn't do much to jack me up, it did however distract me.

Everything on Fox was crap. Stories, headlines, graphics, interviews. IN fact, I'm going to have to disagree with both Outfoxed and Maddox and announce my contraversial opinion:
  • Bill O'Reilly is the best thing Fox-News has going for it
Now, If you've seen, read or heard about O'Reilly you know this is bad. O'Reilly is (as far as I'm concerned*) psychopathic, compulsive liar, self serving, creepy, conservitive nut-bag, violent asshole who is so paranoid/narcississtic to take attacks by parody artists (i.e. Daily Show's Jon Stewart) seriously. Yet, despite this, and against ever fibre in his being he makes and effort to at least have the appearance of more balance than any of his colleagues at Fox. Seriously he was the most balanced reporter I saw on Fox, it was still disgustingly biased propoganda, but it was A) an opinion show, so opinion was to be expected and B) he actually allowed some Liberals to have some speaking [probably in the deluded hope that they might be as stupid as he thinks they are] C) he also shut down a few right-wing talking heads, although not as much as lefties, but he still did it occassionally.

That said O'Reilly isn't a journalist or any semblance of a journalist (much like most who star in Foxyganda), and he's the sort of delusional self-absorbed stubborn prick I abhor (too much like me).

Grrrrr....

I think I was going to write about something else, probably The Lottery (and The Game, and the general sorry state of utopia/dystopia thrillers), but now I'm not so sure, so I'll leave it at the madness above.


*As far as I'm concerned, O'Reilly might be the kind of paranoid freak who sweeps the internet looking for people to hit with defamation suits, even if they have made attempt to compliment the bastard (Or at least fanatic webmonkeys doing the job for him).


PS - This Guitar is Awesome, too bad it doesn't exist


1 Comments:

At Thu Feb 03, 01:35:00 am AEST, Blogger Romeo Foxtrot said...

at least Hitler sounded like he had in excess of a 3rd grade education

 

Post a Comment

<< Home