March 27, 2005

You see, there's this thing called the internet

*groan* to infinity
I just spent around an hour (though it seemed like so much more), helping my mother set up a Hotmail account, and then send a single e-mail.
I know some other young people out there will have old stoic parents out there, who are so technologically incompetent, they wonder if they have to feed and exercise their computer mouse.
Trust me, they have nothing on my mother.
Okay she can type. But thats in a general-sort-of there are keys-that-you-hit and words appear kind of way.
It was not made easier by my slowed connection for exceeding 10GB this month, my general computer-craptastic-ness, my mother's admission that "I have no interest in learning anything of value here at all", and that any sudden movement (such as pointing to the screen, a key, or scratching my face) was met with screeching.

Getting blood from a stone would be easier. And I mean it. With the right sort of solvents I'm sure I could get some residue of haem-like circulatory material out of/off your average garden stone.

So here's to parents who are technologically inept:
KEEP YOUR PARENTS OFF THE NET

Other miscellaneous
links:

PS - Gigapxl: BALBOA PARK REFLECTING POOL


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home