January 25, 2006

Hatachi plus one

It was bound to happen eventually. Four years after graduating High School, a year after University, and about 7 months since working as an eduactor of children in a foreign country, I am finally 21 and recognisable as an adult by America and really old people (like my parents).

In a supreme shinobi attempt of sneakiness I managed to pull out two birthday nights (failing at the third). 'Nights' because of conspiracy of snowboarding, frostbite, and a job interview forestalled any effort and planning I had towards a party. First was Saturday night in an attempt to pull out people from work - which was already a bit too hopeful in the first place - and was also foreshadowed by NOVA's poor choice of payment scheduling - which is not my problem though. The second night was fuelled by a determination for karaoke, despite it being a wok night. Which was successful in the oh-so-double-edged-sworded way - I ended up being slightly convinced that leaving at 3am was a good idea and taken to a local family restaraunt - which I have now been avoiding for the past week due to my inability to associate the need to vomit and the bathroom. Damn you tetchy liver - or maybe it was the unwise combination of beer, vodka, tequila, and gin -- at least I didn't touch the shochu that night.

In other news -
My cat died
Australia Post stole a CD out of birthday package
My mother broke her foot
I'm going snowboarding this weekend
It snowed in Hitachi
I suck at interviews
Miraiken is awesome

More on those stories later. I so should've bought that iBook on Monday.

2 Comments:

At Mon Feb 06, 08:22:00 pm AEST, Blogger Kate said...

Oh yes - sorry to hear about your cat and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

(I really don't know the polite order in which to link those two statements. Should "Happy Birthday" be first?)

Tired Old Kate

 
At Mon Feb 06, 08:26:00 pm AEST, Blogger Kate said...

Oh yeah - I am having a Pap Smear for my birthday (chose a link with illustrations JUST for you). You certainly didn't live it up like THAT.

Really, HIDEOUSLY Old Kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home